Monday, November 10, 2008

Christmas Tree Ornaments!

Aren't these the sweetest ornaments? What a great idea! Elena gave these to me and I have them displayed in my quilt studio where I can enjoy them all the time, not just at Christmas.

They are 4" wide at the bottom and 5" tall (not including the jute loop). They are "selvaged" on both sides, and there is batting in the middle, so they feel nice and soft. A pretty vintage button at the top, and a selvage tree trunk at the bottom, and there you go.

You could whip up some of these for your quilting buddies (or yourself), or go to Elena's page at etsy: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16311891.

Where does she get all these creative ideas?

4 comments:

Elena said...

I believe that full credit for all creativty goes to God, the most super-creative of all! Merry (Early) Christmas, Karen!

Carrie P. said...

Those little trees are very cute. I would leave them out all year too.

Quiltdivajulie said...

What great package tie-ons these would make.... thanks for sharing, Elena and Karen!

*karendianne. said...

My first time stopping by. Came from Chris at http://catsonmyquilts.blogspot.com/ - what a great, fun Blog you have!!! I've never made anything with the selvages but it sure is inspiring.

*karendianne.