Monday, November 3, 2008

How About This Quilt?

Amanda Jean in Wisconson made this quilt using a pattern from the book, "Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson and Anna Williams. This is the front of the quilt, and pretty it is. But when I saw it, I thought "wouldn't this be a great selvage quilt?" Choose a solid color, and use selvages in the small squares.

OR, how about when you make a regular (non-selvage) quilt, make the BACK like this, using selvages from the featured fabrics in these little squares?

Amanda Jean said she was a little nervous as she started machine quilting this project, but said it wasn't so hard after all. Her blog http://www.crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/ is very peaceful and calm, despite its name:) The photos will warm your heart.

1 comment:

Carrie P. said...

I know you are thinking selvage when you saw the brown quilt but when I saw it I was thinking what an awesome pattern for a shower cutain. weird, I know.